[Csaladtortenet 2] 20121019150147.3349 at citromail.hu: WWI & WWII French & German military information

Catherine Rowland kika3_au at yahoo.com.au
2012. Okt. 21., V, 08:32:49 CEST

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Catherine Rowland <kika3_au at yahoo.com.au>
To: "20121019150147.3349 at citromail.hu" <20121019150147.3349 at citromail.hu>
Sent: Sunday, 21 October 2012 5:13 PM
Subject: WWI & WWII French & German military information

Kedves Imre
Elnézést a angol. Tud valaki kérem, segítse a fordítás, ha szükséges.

French database for military personel for World War I & World War II
http://www.memoiredeshommes.sga.defense.gouv.fr/

Museum in Belgium includes a Documentation Centre with a wide variety of resources. Databases & links to databases for casualties from Belgium, France, Germany & Great Britain. (World War I).

http://www.inflandersfields.be/en

German military graves can be found on-line at:
http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche.html

Source is: http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/Finding_German_Military_records
All personnel rosters and card indices (Stammrollen und Karteimittel) of the Prussian Army, the transition army (Übergangsheeres), the Army
 (Reichswehr), and the Imperial Navy (Kaiserlichen Marine) were burned in an air raid on Berlin in February 1945. Medical records have been preserved of those soldiers who were being treated in military hospitals (Lazarett). The records, mostly with personnel roster extracts (Stammrollenauszügen) are for those born from 1870 and later. They are stored at
 Krankenbuchlager Berlin  Wattstrasse 11-13  13355 Berlin

and for those born before 1890 are stored at
Bundesarchiv - Militärarchiv  Wiesentalstraße 10  79115 Freiburg/Breisgau http://www.bundesarchiv.de/standorte.php

A list of pre-1914 Imperial German military units can be found at http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maampo/militaer/milindex.html

Many German state military records are available at their respective state archives. These records generally cover the period up to 1920.
World War II German military personnel may have service records at
Bundesarchiv - Zentralnachweisstelle  Abteigarten 6  52076 Aachen http://www.bundesarchiv.de/standorte.php
or at
Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)  Eichborndamm 179  13403 Berlin http://www.com-de.com/wast/

Udv