[Csaladtortenet 2] FW: www.GenTeam.at - Approximately 482.000 additional records available

Hirschler András smartlines at smartlines.hu
2013. Nov. 4., H, 00:02:44 CET

Az alábbi email értelmében a Genteam adatbázisa majd félmillió új adattal bővült.

üdv. Hirschler András

 <http://www.GenTeam.at> www.GenTeam.at -  Approximately 482.000 additional records available

Vienna, November 3rd, 2013

-       on my own account:

        mailing-list separated from the databases of GenTeam

New at GenTeam:

1      Catholic Indices from Upper- and Lower Austria, Bohemia, Austrian Silesia, Styria, Hungary and Vienna – about 130.000 new records

2      Catholic baptisms in Vienna: about 127.000 new entries

3      new database: owners of Houses in Salzburg in 1829

        about 45.000 entries

4      Jewish Community Vienna: about 180.000 new records available

        Marriages and deaths 1913-1938, birth up to 1913

Dear Colleagues,

on my own account:

This new online database gives the 21.200 registered users immediately more than 8 million entries at their disposal. I would like to express here my heart-felt thanks to all those individuals who have furnished GenTeam in the last nearly 4 years with vital information, all those who work on ling-term projects, but also those who work behind the scene to ensure that GenTeam functions properly and continuously is able to expand.

All Databases at GenTeam can be called up free of charge.  GenTeam is a non-profit organization, and there is no membership fee connected to this organization.  GenTeam is an association of historians and genealogists who work independently or as a team on databases and furnish this data free of charge to all researches.

GenList - Mailing List—connecting genealogists

Your genealogical questions like search of persons, search of locations, help in reading records, can be answer by more than 1.400 members of this list. It´s bilingual (English and German) and moderated. At the end of each email 3 translator are listed.

http://www.genlist.at/index-en.html

1     New Indices from Roman Catholic Matrices

Approximately 130,000 entries of Indices were added from Catholic registries in Vienna, Upper and Lower Austria, Styria, Bohemia, Austrian Silesia and Hungary. The researcher has herewith approximately 2 Million records and about 2,8 Million names at his disposal in this very important database. This index is not a simple index, for in addition to names you will find in some of these databases information concerning parents, addresses, profession and age. Naturally, the search in these fields will be by surname.  You will find the parishes along with the time frame at GenTeam under Help.

Vienna:

St. Marx

Lower Austria:

Artstetten, Dietmanns bei Gmünd, Göllersdorf, Großgöttfritz, Harmannschlag, Heidenreichstein, Heinrichs bei Weitra, Kirchberg am Walde, Maria Taferl, Melk, Oberkirchen, Oberndorf an der Melk, Ottenschlag, Sallingstadt, Säusenstein, Sindelburg, Wolkersdorf, Wurmbrand, Zwettl.

Upper Austria:

Maria Neustift

Styria:

St. Marein

St. Oswald-Moderbrugg

Bohemia:

Nabsel/Bzi

Austrian Silesia:

Braunsdorf/Brumovice

Hungary:

Tevel

I would like to express my appreciation to Ursula Baldemaier, Franz Berger, Dr. Karl-Heinz Breitenbach, Mag. Fritz Eichler, Martina Gelbmann, Johann Hochstöger, Silvia Klose, Adolf Leutgeb, Marta Melchart, Diana Menschig, Franz Schübl, Franz Schönweiler, Franz Spevacek and HR DI Leopold Strenn for their tireless and valuable collaboration.

2      Baptismal Index in Vienna between 1585 und 1900

         Already approximately 341,000 records are online

Approximately 127,000 entries were added from the parishes Unsere Liebe Frauen zu den Schotten, Rossau, Spital in der Rossau, St. Michael, Altlerchenfeld, St. Marx, St. Josef Margareten and St. Othmar (Weißgärber).

At this point I would like to express my special thanks to Marta Melchart, Gerda Smodej, Judith Starke, HD DI Leopold Strenn and Walter Thurner.

During the 19th century, approximately 3,5 Million people migrated from countries in the Hapsburg  Monarchy (and beyond) to Vienna.  By 1910 Vienna’s population had grown to 2,1 Million.  At that time Vienna was the sixth largest city in the world.  Almost all families in the monarchy had family connections to Vienna.

Unfortunately, Vienna still has no central birth index, besides the Jewish Birth (and marriage and death) Index, which can already be found at  <http://www.GenTeam.at> www.GenTeam.at

Therefore, GenTeam intends to produce a general index for all Vienna baptisms, and I invite you all to help along with this fascinating project.  You will not require to travel or visit parishes; the indices can be furnished in digital form. Some indices are typed, some are in beautiful handwriting and some are in not so beautiful handwriting; I am sure every interested volunteer can find a part to help.

3     new database: owners of houses in Salzburg in 1829

        about 45.000 entries

All house owners of the county of Salzburg of 1829 are listed with Last Name, First Name, Vulgo Name, location and house number and community.

à at GenTeam, you also find this listing of all house owners of Lower Austria (including Vienna)in 1817.

4     Jewish Community Vienna:

about 180.000 new records available

Because of the New Personenstandsgesetz (law of registry of births, marriages and deaths) of Austria GenTeam makes available the index of all marriages and deaths between 1826 and 1938 as well as of the births between 1826 and 1913.

Sincerely yours,

Felix Gundacker

Pantzergasse 30/8

A-1190 WIEN

Tel = 0043 676 40 11 059

email:  <mailto:kontakt at GenTeam.at> kontakt at GenTeam.at

profession:  <file:///C:\GenTeam\update%20Oktober%202012\www.ihff.at> www.ihff.at

databases:  <file:///C:\GenTeam\update%20Oktober%202012\www.GenTeam.at> www.GenTeam.at

private, workshops and download:  <file:///C:\GenTeam\update%20Oktober%202012\www.FelixGundacker.at> www.FelixGundacker.at

Xing:  <https://www.xing.com/net/pri9c2117x/ahnenforschung> https://www.xing.com/net/pri9c2117x/ahnenforschung

Facebook:  <http://de-de.facebook.com/pages/GenTeam/121165227901751?ref=ts> http://de-de.facebook.com/pages/GenTeam/121165227901751?ref=ts

Forum:  <http://ahnenforschung.plusboard.de/> http://ahnenforschung.plusboard.de/

Genealogical Society:  <http://www.adler-wien.at> www.adler-wien.at

„Connecting Genealogists“

If you received this email in error or if you wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send a short email with “Abmeldung” (Unsubscribe) in the subject line to  <mailto:kontakt at GenTeam.at> kontakt at GenTeam.at