[Csaladtortenet 2] Hunyadytól / Invitation to RootsTech Connect, February 25-27, 2021

Hunyady László hunyady3 at gmail.com
2021. Feb. 19., P, 09:37:57 CET

Tisztelt Kutatók!
Ma reggel abban a megtiszteltetésben volt részem, hogy az FS területi
felelősünktől Mr. Engbjerg Torben úrtól az alábbi levelet kaptam a
RootsTech Connect on line konferenciára vonatkozóan. Ebből megtudtam,
hogy febr. 25.-én hajnalban 5 órakor indulnak az előadások főként angol
nyelven. Továbbiakban, hogy engem levéltárosnak tart, ami valószínűleg
annak köszönhető, hogy 2013-ban az FS nyerte az „Év Kutatóhelye” díjat
és ebből az alkalomból Bp.-re jött a díjat átvenni és egy jó hangulatú
ünnepi vacsorán részt venni. Megtudtam, hogy a Finn Nemzeti Levéltár
főigazgatója egy hazánkfia Kecskeméti István, valamint az előadások 13
nyelven folynak és eddig 250 ezren regisztráltak.
Itt nemcsak regisztrálni lehet, hanem alul pdf. kiterjesztésben az
előadások listája is olvasható: https://www.rootstech.org/?lang=eng
valamint itt pedig megtalálhatók a német nyelvű előadások:
http://v2.dergenealoge.de/2021/02/18/rootstech-connect-2021-das-internationale-ahnenforscher-mekka/
Jó lenne, ha közülünk valaki, aki tényleg jól beszéli az angol nyelvet
előadást tartana a magyarországi kutatási lehetőségekről. Biztos lenne a
siker és rákerülhetnénk a térképre. Ahogy elnézem az előadások listáját
bárki jelentkezhetett előadni.
üdvözlettel,
Hunyady László

Dear Hunyady László.

You are hereby invited to attend the RootsTech Connect virtual
conference taking place from February 25-27, 2021.  RootsTech is the
largest annual genealogical conference in the world.  You may be aware
that RootsTech conferences have been held in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA,
for the past ten years, at which participation has grown steadily from
year to year, now with nearly 100,000 participants the past couple of
years.  The first RootsTech conference outside the United States was
held in London, England in November 2019, and had close to 10,000
participants.

RootsTech is of special interest to family researchers, or anyone who is
interested in putting together their family tree with names, dates,
places, pictures, voice recordings, and stories.  However, this separate
invitation reaches you as an archivist, as you are one of our close
connections.  We have parts of the RootsTech conference prepared
especially for you, with the intent of covering items of special
interest to the archival community.

In the attached you will find the overview and registration for two
important events that we think would be of special interest and benefit
for you:  an *Archivist Global Session*, taking place on Thursday, 25
February from 5 to 8 p.m. Central European time, and an *Archivist
European Roundtable*, taking place on Friday, 26 February starting at 10
a.m. Central European time.  Both of these events are free of charge, as
is any participation in any of the events taking place during the three
days of conference.

Please see the attachment for further information and registration.
Please also feel free to share this email and the attachment with anyone
within your organization you think might have an interest in
participating.  At these sessions prepared especially for archivists you
will have colleagues from various parts of the world sharing further
insight and inspiration, as to ways in which the online archival records
can be used.  These sessions will also give you a chance to ask questions.

Due to the pandemic, there will be no RootsTech in-person conference
this year. However, we have taken our current situation as an
opportunity for anyone interested to participate in a virtual RootsTech
conference, held for the first time, and we have named it RootsTech
Connect.  So far we have more than 250,000 attendees signed up from
around the world, with more signing up every day.  You, your colleagues,
and any of your family and friends are invited to attend the hundreds of
classes and special events which will be part of the general sessions of
RootsTech Connect.

Attendance at RootsTech Connect is free of charge.  I hope to see you
there.  Please see the attached information/invitation sheet.  Signing
up for RootsTech Connect is very simple, using the steps explained in
the attached.

The main language of RootsTech Connect will be English, but most of the
events which are part of the 3-day conference will also be in 12 other
languages.  Some of the individual classes are in even more languages.
And again, participation is free of charge for everyone.

As an archivist in one of the archives/countries to which I have been
especially assigned, and if you decide to sign up for any or all of
RootsTech Connect, would you mind sending me a brief email letting me
know that you have signed up, so that I can better assist you and make
sure you get the best experience.  My email address is
torben.engbjerg at familysearch.org
<mailto:torben.engbjerg at familysearch.org>, or you can call me at +45 29
17 18 30.

I hope to see you online at RootsTech Connect, and if you have any
questions, please let me know.

My sincere best wishes to you,

Torben.

*Torben Engbjerg*

Manager, Records Access & Services

Nordic Countries, Eastern Europe, Middle East

Phone:   (+45) 29 17 18 30

E-mail: torben.engbjerg at familysearch.org
<mailto:torben.engbjerg at familysearch.org>

FS Mosaic Tree Logo-small (3)