[Csaladtortenet 2] Fwd: [banat] Church book duplicates online at Archives of the Vojvodina

Tamás Deák family at deakt.hu
2023. Júl. 23., V, 13:44:11 CEST

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Florian Straub
Date: Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 10:43 AM
Subject: [banat] Church book duplicates online at Archives of the Vojvodina
To: Banat-L

Hi there,

for a few months, the Archives of the Vojvodina have put their scans of
the church book duplicates online, which includes most Serbian Banat and
Batschka villages. Their is no searchable index available, so one has to
flip through the pages.

To view them, one needs to register for a free account and wait probably
about two weeks until receives a password. The website has an English
section, but it's a log more buggy than the one in Cyrillic Serbian. For
example the church book section only shows "please be patient" instead
of church book pages. I suggest using your browser's integrated
translation feature or to install some translation add-on for it and
using the Serbian version

The registration form:
https://maticneknjige.org.rs/registracija/

The list of church books (at the bottom):
https://maticneknjige.org.rs/en/elementor-75502/

There is also a map on the start page that will allow you to open the
village's page to filter records, once you're registered.
https://maticneknjige.org.rs/

I perceive the village page a little annoying, when browsing through
records. I change the year within the url instead, to get to the next
one, because that's so much faster.

The images, that have watermarks, can't be downloaded, since the website
blocks right clicking images. There might be browser add-ons around
which remove this limitation, but that might contradict with their terms
of service.

Thanks to Günter Junkers for posting this first at the CompGen blog:
https://discourse.genealogy.net/t/archiv-der-vojvodina-in-novi-sad-stellt-kb-online/815831

Kind regards from Black Forest

Flo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#4337): https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/message/4337
-=-=-
Free Use for all Members. Data and Indexing are Not Copyrighted and can be
used for personal and professional research only.
-=-=-
Group Owner: everybody+owner at banat.groups.io
Unsubscribe:
https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/leave/10922136/6631423/214358377/xyzzy [